A. Spiritual Preparation - Remember that you are God’s representative, you are carrying out an assignment and that you are co-laborer with the Holy Ghost, and you must remain sensitive to His leading. Remember the power of prayer in ministry. Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:20; Acts 1:8; II Corinthians 4:34, 5:20, 6:1; Ephesians 6:11
B. Mental Preparation - Give no place for fear, (I Timothy 1:7). You must make a willful decision that you will not allow yourself to be in fear or be intimidated by anything. Don't be careless or lax in your ministry; constantly stay in the Word to sharpen your skills in ministry.
C. Physical Preparation - Personal hygiene is essential in sharing the gospel. (Breath mints, dress, etc.)
D. Scriptural Preparation
HOW TO MINISTER SALVATION
The wise believer properly prepares himself with those tools he needs to effectively share the gospel. To appear cumbersome and unprepared is a major distraction in presenting the Biblical Plan to prospective believers. Time spent setting up the Road Map in your Bible is a valuable asset. Here is how it is done:
1. Locate Romans 5:12 and in the margin write the next passage you will read To the person
2. Romans 3:23 is your next scripture...
3. Do this with all scriptures in the following order: Romans 5:12, Romans 3:23, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 1:12, Romans 10:9-10, 13
POINTS TO CONSIDER
1. The scriptures should be read and explained.
2. Don't ask the person to read; he may not read fluently and may become offended.
3. Use your Bible to show that you can move smoothly through the presentation.
4. Stay in control of the presentation; don't get sidetracked.
5. Lead them into prayer, don‘t wait.
1. Romans 5:12, Romans 3:23 - Sin is the missing mark. Man is not a sinner by virtue of what he has done, but by his birth. To be a Christian does not mean that you are a member of certain church. A Christian is a person who has accepted the Lordship of Jesus Christ in his life and is actively developing a relationship with God. A person is born again when he becomes spiritually alive to God.
2. John 3:16 - From the scripture, the minister should explain that God gave His son as our substitute without charge. The gift of salvation is for whosoever, regardless of age, background, etc.
3. Ephesians 2:8-9 - Salvation is by faith, not feeling. Faith is believing what the Bible says, saying and doing it, in spite of how you feel. Stress to the person that he can never earn salvation through his work, but that salvation is by faith alone. Receiving salvation is like receiving a gift. Unless you reach for it, it will not become yours. By faith, confidence and trust in God’s Word, you will receive salvation.
4. John 1:12 - The gift of salvation must be received. Jesus cannot be forced on anyone. He must be received willingly.
5. Romans 10:9-10, 13 - The minster should stress that the key to receiving Jesus is in this verse. To make a confession is to say with your mouth that you “agree” with the principles of God’s Word concerning you life and about Jesus. The person must have that trusting belief in the finished work of Jesus for his sins. Whosoever shall call upon the Lord shall be saved.
6. Prayer - You must be sure to pray with the candidate and not just for the candidate. Instruct him in prayer, let him repeat after you...
PRAYER/CONFESSION FOR SALVATION & HOLY SPIRIT
Dear God, I know without Jesus I am lost. I believe your Word.. That if I confess with my mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I shall be saved; I now invite you into my life & heart and receive you by faith as my Lord and Savior. I am sorry for my sins and I thank you for your forgiveness. Jesus, you are my Lord & Savior; I am now a new creature in Christ and a child of God. Thank you for saving me, in Jesus’ name. AMEN
...and now Father I ask that you prepare my heart to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit...Your Word says out of the belly will flow rivers of living water...I receive & thank you for your precious gift of the Holy Spirit now into my life in Jesus' Name.